Admin Support Officer
Portishead, Police Headquarters- BS20 8QJ
Hours per week
Are you a pro-active and self-motivated individual looking for a new opportunity where you can utilise and develop your customer service and administrative skills?
We are looking for two skilled administrators to join our Forensic Identification Unit as a Forensic Support Officer.
This is a busy and varied role where you will be required to multi task and work as part of a small team, providing administrative and customer service support to a range of stakeholders both internal and external to our organisation.
In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Acting as a point of contact for all queries that come into the department, ensuring professional customer service standards are maintained.
- Undertaking a range of administrative duties including the booking of transport and accommodation, filing, scanning, and responding to queries using email, phone and face to face communication methods.
- Managing the receipt, distribution and dispatch of forensic exhibits, checking courier datasheets against information on evidential packages.
- Maintaining departmental records and document collections, undertaking weeding and archiving of custody samples.
- Checking stock levels, processing and issuing equipment orders
- Ensuring all duties undertaken are completed in compliance with department policies and procedures.
Skills experience and qualifications required:
- Experience of working in an administrative role and following office procedures.
- Skilled computer user with a minimum typing speed of 30 wpm
- Experience of creating and maintaining both electronic and manual records
- Ability to retrieve and interpreting information
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
We have two part-time positions available both working 22.2 hours per week. One working Monday – Wednesday and the other Wednesday – Friday.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Please click here to apply.