Working in the CrIB is about getting the detail; you'll be the first investigator to any crime reported on 101.
- You'll need to be a great communicator as you'll be talking to victims and witnesses of crime, so it's important that you show empathy, professionalism and first class customer service.
- You'll need to be able to ask questions and identify investigative and forensic opportunities and search the police database for possible suspects and related intelligence
- You'll write detailed crime reports and task work on for further investigation.
- You need to be resilient; you are likely to speak to people who are sometimes impatient and abusive, but don't take it personally.
- You will be comfortable making risk based decisions and problem solving.