Social Media Code of Conduct
Wiltshire Police treats everyone with dignity and respect, and we expect the same of our community.
This includes those posting to our online channels.
We want our social media followers to feel comfortable when viewing our posts, so we have developed some guidelines to keep in mind as you interact on our social media pages.
We hope by providing these guidelines our followers will have a more enjoyable experience and will be encouraged to return regularly.
- Facebook Terms and Conditions of use
- Twitter Rules
- YouTube's Community Guidelines
- YouTube's Terms of Service
The services and content are designed for individuals 13 years of age or older.
As a user of the service you are expected to uphold this code of conduct, and are responsible for all activities and content or comments you post/upload.
In addition to upholding this code of conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all applicable local and national laws.
What's not allowed
We may, without notice, ban, block, mute or report individual user accounts who post any of the following or similar content to our social media pages:
- Content that incites, advocates or expresses pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hatred, bigotry, racism, or violence.
- Content that provides or creates links to external sites that violate this code of conduct.
- Posts that threaten, stalk, defame, defraud, degrade, victimise or intimidate an individual or group of individuals for any reason; including on the basis of age, sex, gender identity, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion.
- 'Junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', 'affiliate marketing', or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- Names of victims or suspects, accusations or anything that could harm or jeopardise ongoing investigations or legal action.
- Details of unsubstantiated allegations.
When we ban people from our social media pages, this is generally permanent, and will only be reviewed under very exceptional circumstances.
We are not responsible for the content of any posting, listing or message not created by us. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We advise you to use your judgment.
We reserve the right to amend or change the code of conduct or any service at any time without notice. We encourage you to read these guidelines from time to time to ensure you are aware of changes.