Recruitment for Wiltshire Police Cadets
Wiltshire Police Cadets will be accepting new applications from 01/06/2021 – 01/07/2021 from candidates wishing to join the scheme in September 2021.
We currently have four Cadet units in Wiltshire operating in Chippenham, Salisbury, Swindon and Trowbridge.
To be able to join the Wiltshire Police Volunteer Cadet Scheme an individual must:
- Live or go to school in Wiltshire
- Be between 13 and 16 years of age at the start of the cadet year in September 2021 (individuals can remain a cadet until the age of 18)
- Not have committed a violent or sexual offence
- Not be, have been or become a member of, or engage in activities with, the British National Party or similar organisations, whose aims, objectives or pronouncements may contradict the duty to promote race equality.
Please note that places on the scheme are not guaranteed and that all applications are subject to a selection panel. The cadet scheme is very popular and there are usually more applicants than there are vacancies so some candidates may be disappointed.
If you would like to apply please complete the application form and return it to [email protected] before 01/07/2021.
Please note that we will be unable to accept applications that are submitted after this date.
For further information, please contact [email protected].
What do Police Cadets do?
Cadets volunteer at community events and initiatives alongside our officers and members of the Special Constabulary. Cadets have supported a number of high-profile events including Solstice, WOMAD, Swindon Pride and the Emergency Services Show.
Cadets also helping our Community Policing Teams by dropping leaflets, attending community safety events and carrying out street surveys.
You will be trained in a variety of skills before becoming involved in community work, including learning including how to use radios, first aid, using personal protective equipment, health and safety and the foundations of law.
We also give our cadets an insight into other operational areas of policing such as the Dog Section, Armed Response Group and Air Support Unit.
What you get from being a cadet
• Receive a police cadet uniform
• Enjoy a range of fun and challenging activities
• Benefit from one-to-one guidance for further education and job interviews, including with the police
• Support your local community through volunteering
• Work with Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs), Police Officers and other partner agencies
We currently have cadet units in Swindon, Trowbridge, Chippenham and Salisbury.