Number of positions
Trowbridge and Salisbury.
Approximately 8 hours per month.
Chaplaincy seeks to:
- identify, understand and share issues affecting employment in the workplace
- value and affirm human skills and talents
- reflect spiritual and ethical values offering a ministry to those within the Force of any faith or none
- offer a reflective friendship relating to workplace, family or other issues which officers and staff may wish to raise
- offer a service which is independent of the Force
- offer a service which is bound by the principles of confidentiality
Chaplaincy seeks to understand:
- the work and culture of the police service
- the pressures under which its officers and staff work.
In the process of learning, chaplaincy aims to gain the trust of officers and staff and affirm the contribution the Force, officers and staff make to the life of the community. The chaplain supports officers, staff and their families through times of crisis or need, and offers pastoral care services to the Force generally. Situations that affect officers, staff and their families vary tremendously. Each situation is unique and chaplaincy will seek to respond to any situation which presents itself.
Experience says that these situations range from the most obvious pastoral situations such as bereavement and death, to stress-related situations, to work and family relationships.
To support officers and staff.
Informal meeting dates
To be confirmed.
Closing time and date for applications
For further information about the role and how to apply, please email our Volunteer Coordinator on [email protected].
For more information on the volunteer role description, please click on the document links below.
Please read the volunteer guidelines carefully before submitting your application form.
Wiltshire Police is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All volunteer roles will be subject to successful completion of vetting. The vetting requirements for this role are: Non-Police Personnel Vetting Level 2.