Come to Wiltshire. Everything you are looking for and more
Small is beautiful. One of the smallest, and the oldest county police forces in the country, we pride ourselves on looking after our people, our wellness culture is central to everything we do, and our passion is to deliver outstanding service to the public.
Wiltshire is a large, mainly rural county, from the sweeping Salisbury Plain and Stonehenge, to the vibrant urban communities of Swindon, Trowbridge, Chippenham and Melksham and the historic centres of Malmesbury and Salisbury. Plus, the fantastic links to Bath and Bristol and right on the doorstep the picturesque Cotswolds.
It’s a wonderful place to live and work.
If you’re looking for a smaller family friendly force where you can achieve a good work-life balance, look no further.
The important stuff….
- All police officers receive a secure pay and benefits package
- A structured career path and development opportunities for promotion
- It’s a rewarding job where no two days are the same - you will be constantly challenged and always learning
- From rural crime to County lines, burglaries, domestic abuse, and road traffic accidents, it’s interesting and challenging work, with a real mix of urban and rural crime.
- Once you complete your training you can apply for specialist roles like firearms, dogs, traffic, CID and more…
- Opportunities to work alongside other agencies, including the National Crime Agency, South West Regional Organised Crime Unit, UK Immigration and South West Counter Terrorism.
The small print… pay and benefits
- As part of your basic salary you will receive:
- 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years' service
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme
- Paid overtime and unsociable hours payments
- Your own laptop and smartphone so you can work remotely
- Generous discounts online and in store with the Blue Light card –the UK’s largest discount service for the emergency services, NHS and armed forces Welcome to Blue Light Card
- Professional health and wellbeing support from our Occupational Health Unit
- Eligibility to join the Wiltshire Police Federation for free legal advice and representation on many issues https://www.polfed.org/wiltshire/
Salary scales (2023)
|Police Constable starting salary
|Police Constable independent patrol status
|Police Constable after 7 years’ service
|Police Sergeant starting salary
|Police Inspector starting salary