The crime prevention department works with partners and local communities to prevent crime, protect the most vulnerable and reduce harm in our communities.
The department is made up of several teams:
Our offender management teams work to protect the public and reduce reoffending.
- the Integrated Offender Management (IOM) team works with partners to manage repeat offenders.
- the Youth Offending Team (YOT) works with young people to prevent further reoffending.
- the Management of Sex Offenders and Violent Offenders (MOSOVO) team works with partners to manage the risk posed by sexual offenders, violent offenders and potentially dangerous people.
Innovative, effective partnerships and supporting the most vulnerable in our communities.
- Mental Health - Working with partners to support those in crisis.
- Troubled Families - Ensuring support is offered to families with complex needs.
- Crime Prevention and Reduction - Offering tactical crime prevention advice and designing out crime to reduce the opportunity for offending.
- Youth Engagement - Engaging with young people through partnership working with the aim of building positive relationships, confidence and trust. This includes Volunteer Police Cadets.
- Licensing - Working with the licensed premises and communities to reduce anti-social behaviour and criminal activity.
- Rural Crime - Providing advice and support to rural communities.
Citizens in policing
Connecting communities to policing and policing to communities.
- Specials - Trained volunteer police officers who work with and support their local community police teams.
- Bobby Van - Providing a home security service for elderly, vulnerable and disadvantaged people throughout Wiltshire.
- Community Speedwatch - Local communities who support local policing teams by monitoring the speed of vehicles using speed detection devices.
- Safety Centre - Creating an interactive and innovative environment for the community, raising their safety awareness.