A beauty spot is a remote place in our countryside, often visited by walkers and dog walkers. The isolation of these areas makes theft from a car quite common, especially in the summer months.
- Before you leave home, think about what you need and leave any unnecessary items of value at home
- Make sure you do not leave documents which have your personal details on in your vehicle
- Try to park in sign-posted parking areas
- Be cautious about parking your car in isolation. Thieves can be put off when other people are around
- Do not leave anything in your vehicle. A jacket or coat left behind may be of very little value to you, but a thief may think it has been used to hide a laptop or handbag and will break into your vehicle to find out
- Take items with you rather than locking them in the boot, you can't be sure who has seen you
- Do not leave your sat-nav in your vehicle and don't forget to remove the cradle and wipe the sucker marks from your windscreen
- Remember to shut all windows and sunroofs and lock all doors. Activate the alarm and immobiliser
- Make use of any security products you might have such as steering locks
- Whilst enjoying the sights make sure you keep your bag and possessions with you
- Register all your valuables on the Immobilise website
To report a theft to us call 101 our non-emergency number. If a crime is in progress call 999.
When calling us, to help us help you:
- Please provide your location and exact time (or time frame) of when the vehicle was broken in to
- Have to hand your vehicle registration, make and colour.