Misconduct hearings for police officers and special constables are held in public.
The chair of the panel is drawn from a list of legally qualified people independent of the police.
The hearings take place at Gablecross Police Station (Shrivenham Road, South Marston Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 4RB.)
Notice of misconduct hearings are published at least five working days before they start.
In a misconduct hearing, the panel hears the facts of the case, often with the assistance of live witnesses to help them make a determination.
If the officer, or special constable is found to have committed gross misconduct the sanctions available to the panel are:
- Dismissal without notice
- Dismissal with notice
- Final written warning
- Written warning
- Management advice.
Attending a misconduct hearing - please read
When a date is confirmed information will be published below.
- A maximum of 12 seats are available at the hearing. They are allocated on a first come first served basis. However we do give priority to complainants and interested parties
- You must register in advance, otherwise you won't be able to attend.
- You won't be allowed to take photos, film or record the hearing
- Any conditions particular to an individual hearing will be published in advance
- You'll be required to leave the premises if a hearing is adjourned for an extended period of time.
Register your attendance
If you would like to attend a hearing please register your interest in advance by emailing the Wiltshire Police Professional Standards department.
You will then be sent a form to complete, which must be returned to us at least 2 working days before the hearing date.
There are currently no misconduct hearings planned.
Misconduct hearing outcomes
- Following the conclusion of a misconduct hearing for Sgt 1909 Harvey on 24 July 2019, the officer received a final written warning.
- Following the conclusion of a misconduct hearing held in private on July 25, a Police Constable received a final written warning for discreditable conduct, whilst off duty in Devizes.