To run an event that requires a road to be closed, you need speak to your local council.

Both councils are responsible for authorising street parties and road closures.

Apply to hold a street party or event to Swindon Borough Council

Notify Wiltshire Council of a street party or fete

Police attendance at event

If you require dedicated police attendance, there is normally a charge involved. You can either contact your local community policing team or our ops planning team, who can guide you through costs and availability of officers.

To contact the team, please email

Print Share