We recognise that carnivals are an important part of community life in our county.

But we also want to make sure that vehicles used for carnivals, which can be slow, oversized or overweight, are operated in a way that is safe for everyone.

Working with the Department for Transport, we now insist that all carnival vehicles falling outside the Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986 are covered by the Vehicle Special Order (VSO).

You can apply for a VSO at: TSG, VCA Midlands Centre, Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0UA, or by Tel: 02476 642797

Wiltshire Police produce a Icon for pdf Guide to Vehicles Used in a Carnival [455.55KB] or a copy requested by post from Pat Dean, the Abnormal Loads Officer on 01380 861041. You can also email:abnormal.loads@wiltshire.pnn.police.uk, or write to us at Police Headquarters, London Road, Devizes, SN10 2DN

Print Share