This timetable will guide you through the journey from your application to the day you start as a PCSO with Wiltshire Police.
Monday 25 September 2017 – Campaign opens from 10 am
- Applications accepted from this date (PDF or Word application form). To apply find out more information on our main PCSO page.
- Please read the guidance on competency based applications before completing the form.
Sunday 15 October 2017 – Campaign closes at 5pm
Monday 23 October 2017 – Shortlisting commences this week
Monday 30 October 2017 – Shortlisting results notified to applicants this week
Friday 17 November to Friday 8 December 2017
- Assessment Centre held at Devizes HQ on an allocated date during this period
2018 dates to be confirmed
- Medical and Fitness tests
- Uniform appointments dates
- Monday 16 April 2018.
- Training runs for 18 weeks and no leave can be taken during that time.
All applicants will be subject to medical and fitness tests, vetting security checks, referencing, biometrics and drugs and alcohol testing.
For successful appointees, there will be a 6 month probationary period.