How can I complain?

The police should treat you fairly and with respect. If you are unhappy with how you were treated you can complain. If you feel you were treated differently because of your race, age, sexuality, gender, disability, religion or faith, you can complain of unlawful discrimination.

It will help if you keep the receipt that the police gave you. You can get advice from, or complain to:

  • Wiltshire Police
  • PCC
  • A Citizen’s Advice Bureau
  • Your local Racial Equality Council
  • The Independent Police Complaints Commission
  • The Commission for Racial Equality
  • A solicitor

If you have difficulty understanding the process, for example if English is not your first language or if you are deaf, then the police must take reasonable steps to ensure you understand your rights.

One of our key priorities is to improve trust and confidence in the police, particularly among black and minority ethnic communities and young people.

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn