Aims and Objectives:
- To provide the rural community with a single point of contact, advice and reassurance, with a provision of specialist policing advice and guidance.
- To concentrate on the ongoing issues which in the past may have been perceived to be minor, that have a significant impact on rural communities. These include hare coursing and poaching, theft of agricultural plant and machinery, theft of metal, fuel and other agricultural commodities.
- To support local Community Beat Managers (CBM) in addressing long term community safety issues within farming/rural areas. Rural Crime Team work hand in hand with Neighbourhood Policing Teams (NPT) to resolves issues on their areas. The team will be working to educate police officers, and police staff, in all front line roles to deal with the issues affecting rural areas proactively, and provide a better quality of service to the rural communities.
- To deal with rural crimes and incidents which cross Wiltshire policing areas and County borders.
- To undertake proactive operations, either independently or in support of local NPTs, in order to prevent and detect rural crime.
- To work in partnership towards creating Farmwatch / Horsewatch schemes for the County of Wiltshire.
- Rural Crime Team are all trained Police Wildlife Crime Officers and are linked to the current Wildlife Cadre. The Cadre is made up from officers across Wiltshire who are volunteers with a keen interest in Wildlife Crime.