Wiltshire Police and our criminal justice partners are committed to giving you the best possible service at all times.
Being a victim or witness of crime can be distressing and traumatic. This page is designed to provide you with help and support, relevant information and advice with links to other partner organisations that can assist you.
The Victims' Code
The statutory code aims to provide the following for victims':
- Ensure enhanced support for victims of the most serious crimes, persistently targeted victims or the most vulnerable/intimidated,
- Provide extra support to victims of stalking, domestic abuse, terrorism and families bereaved by violent crime,
- Ensure all victims are automatically referred to victims’ service by the police so that all victims receive consistent and immediate access to support services,
- Give victims a clearer means of redress if they are not given the support they deserve,
- Have a section written for young people and their parents or guardians so they can understand and take ownership of their journey through the Criminal Justice System,
- For the first time, businesses, who are victims of 9.2million crimes committed each year, will be able to have their say by writing an Impact Statement to explain to the court how a crime has affected them.
Find out more about your rights as a victim of crime by viewing the Victim's Code
Useful contacts and information
Wiltshire Police aims to provide a gateway to local support groups, so that victims of crime receive the help they need. We will automatically refer you to Victim Support unless you object to this or if the crime involves murder, manslaughter, a serious sexual offence or domestic violence. For these offences your specific consent is required for a referral to Victim Support.
Victim Support is a national charity which gives free and confidential help to victims of crime, witnesses, their family, friends and anyone else affected across England and Wales. It also speaks out as a national voice for victims and witnesses and campaigns for change. The contact number is 0845 456 6099.
For more information visit Victim Support
Find out more information about providing witness statements by viewing the Witness Charter
Find out more information about the Criminal Justice System with these sample cases.
You can find out more information about the role in the Criminal Justice System of the Crown Prosecution Service
A home security service for older, vulnerable and disadvantaged people throughout Wiltshire is provided by The Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust