The Corporate Development department works to help Wiltshire Police progress as an organisation, while also supporting the force's interests and those of the people it serves.
The department has a number of key functions:
- To assist Chief Officers in the development of organisational strategy, supporting both them and Wiltshire Police Authority in setting annual policing priorities
- Analysing performance, surveys and trends, ensuring compliance and managing change
- To support and, where appropriate, challenge the governance arrangements in place to ensure that the interests of Wiltshire Police and the people it serves are appropriately considered
- To provide reassurance to Chief Officers and Wiltshire Police Authority by regularly carrying out inspections, audits, analysis and building robust business cases for change
- The department will also act as guardians of data quality - to manage effectively, sensitively, accurately and lawfully the information we hold and share so we uphold our duty to protect the public
There are four units within the department.
Portfolio Management Office, which primarily supports Chief Officers and Wiltshire Police Authority by making sure that projects deliver the expected benefits, represent value for money and comply with legislation.
Business Assurance Team, which works with departments to identify and manage risk effectively. Other functions include co-ordinating external audits and inspections from independent sources such as Her Majestyâ€™s Inspectorate of Constabulary and the Audit Commission.
Performance and Strategic Planning works in teams to help set policing priorities while also monitoring performance and analysing how Wiltshire Police compares both nationally, regionally and to other similar forces. The unit will also monitor the forceâ€™s delivery of the Policing Pledge.
Information Management helps Wiltshire Police efficiently handle, use, retain and dispose of information. It also ensures that the quality and value of that information is identified and used to the fullest extent to support policing in the county. The unit provides the force with clear direction and guidance about the organisation's information assets.