Twitter Facebook RSS feeds Google+

You can use the accessibility toolbar below to do the following:

  • Point at text and have it read out to you
  • Select text and save as a MP3 audio file
  • Highlight text to make more prominent
  • Increase or decrease the font size

For a more detailed explanation of how this toolbar works click on the question mark button.

101 non-emergency number PDF Print E-mail


101 is used for non-emergencies such as:

  • Reporting a non-urgent crime or incident (unless the crime or incident is in progress, when you should dial 999)
  • Contacting local officers
  • Getting crime prevention advice
  • Making us aware of policing issues in your local area
  • Making an appointment with a police officer
  • For any other non-emergency, such as making a complaint.

Key facts

  • 101 does not replace 999
  • If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, you can textphone us on 18001 101
  • Calls to 101 from landlines and mobiles cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call or how long your call lasts.
  • You can also use this website to contact us

999 should be used for an emergency, when a crime is happening, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, someone is injured, being threatened or in danger.

For more information about 101, please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions