The Justice Division was formed following the merger of Strategic custody with the centralised Criminal Justice Department. The role of the Justice Division is to provide strategic Direction to Wiltshire Police on policy, performance and updated legislation in all matters regarding the judicial system.
The Justice Division have a number of units based around the County delivering local Justice to the people of Wiltshire;
- Traffic Department (Swindon)
- Courts Department (Melksham)
- Witness Care Unit (Chippenham)
- Central Ticket Office (Swindon)
- Resulting of Police National Computer (Salisbury)
- Special Property (Swindon, Melksham, Salisbury)
- Typing and other support functions (Swindon, Melksham, Salisbury)
The Justice Division works with our other Criminal Justice Partners including the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), Her Majesty's Court Service (HMCS), Probation and Youth Offending Team (YOTs) to help and support victims and witnesses through the Criminal Justice system.