How can I help?
As a pilot/owner by being aware of your responsibilities and complying with them. By being vigilant and notifying us of anything suspicious.
What to look out for
- Evidence of unauthorised activity at your airstrip i.e. Fresh tyre marks
- Packages being transferred from an aircraft to a vehicle in unusual locations such as a remote part of an airfield
- Activity or sightings of aircraft at night or on unused airstrips
- Strangers trying to hire your aircraft - or those belonging to other club members
- Strangers using, or seeking permission to use, your airstrip
- Evidence of adaption of aircraft for concealment purposes
If you do notice anything unusual
- DO NOT involve yourself
- DO NOT touch any suspicious packages
- Make a note of any registration number, markings or descriptions
- Call the Ports Unit / Police immediately
Your information will be treated in confidence