The Business Improvement department works to help Wiltshire Police continuously improve as an organisation.
The department has a number of key functions:
- To assist the Senior Command Team in the development of organisational strategy, supporting both them in defining the Force’s Delivery Plan
- Analysing performance and using this to inform decision making
- To support and, where appropriate, challenge the governance arrangements in place to ensure that the interests of Wiltshire Police and the people it serves are appropriately considered
- To provide reassurance to both the Force and Office of Police and Crime Commissioner by regularly carrying out inspections, audits, reviews in the aim to understanding business benefits and removing waste if needed
- To support the Force in the preparation, hosting and post-management of inspections conducted by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary
- To provide governance and management of the Force’s corporate risks, and policy and procedures.
There are two teams which make up the Business Improvement Department:
Business Intelligence – using various scientific techniques to turn information that the Force holds into knowledge to aid decision making
Continuous Improvement - the on going effort to improve products, services, or processes. Delivery (customer valued) processes are constantly evaluated and improved in the light of their efficiency, effectiveness and flexibility.