The Corporate Communications and Engagement team is based at Devizes HQ and covers the communications needs of Wiltshire Police and the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Wiltshire and Swindon.
The team is responsible for delivering internal and external communications messaging and advice across a range of channels. The department provides a wide range of services covering various communications disciplines including media services, internal communications, public relations, marketing, visual and digital communications. Particular areas of focus for the department include:
- Public awareness: using appropriate channels (including traditional media, social media and our Wiltshire and Swindon Community Messaging system) to deliver information to the public related to crime, events, appeals, operations, campaigns, collaborative work with partner agencies (such as local authorities and other emergency services) and other forces
- Media management: the department handles day-to-day enquiries from local and national media outlets as well as issuing the latest news and appeals
- Campaign delivery: working with partners and other forces to highlight important local and national issues and the action that Wiltshire Police is taking in relation to them
- Development of new and existing channels: using new technology to provide a better service to the public and our officers, staff and volunteers. This includes development of our digital channels such as the Wiltshire Police website, the PCC website and our Wiltshire and Swindon Community Messaging system as well as our social media accounts (see the links at the top of this page)
- Providing advice, training and guidance: using our communications expertise to provide strategic and tactical advice to officers and staff with regards to the best way to get messages across
- Internal communications and engagement: keeping our staff, officers and volunteers informed about the latest news and issues and providing them with ways to feedback their views and engage.