Making an independent complaint against the police


If you would like to make a complaint against a Police Officer or a member of Police Staff and would like advice on how to do this simply click on the link below to the IPCC website and click on 'making a complaint'.

When is a complaint not a complaint?

When it's a procedural complaint. A complaint against police can only be one that is against the conduct of an individual. If the complaint is one about the way we police, action we take etc, then it will be a procedural complaint (unless the member of staff has failed to follow our policies and procedures) and this should be directed to a convenient police station, where a member of staff will be able to assist you.

Make a complaint against the police

Wiltshire Police is not responsible for the content or integrity of any external web sites

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn